Text Festival 2014 - opening weekend (Part 1)

I think this may have been one of the strongest Festivals so far and a successful opening weekend - great people, great installations and performances. 
 Jayne Dyer's 'Blood Sport' with Carolyn Thompson's 'The Beast in Me' in the distance.
 Derek Beaulieu's Dante window
 Me chatting with Ron Silliman and Derek Beaulieu (Peter Jaeger and Eran Hadas in the background)
 Ron Sillliman participating in the drawing shed installation
 Some of the staff team - everyone has worked very hard.
 Works by Simon Patterson, Riiko Sakkinen and Rachel Smith

 View into the Dark Would installation
The night Barney met Sarah Walters' Tommy

 Penny Anderson's Travel Bag in the foreground

Polari Mission exhibition in Bury Museum

Comments

Flo Fflach said…
Tony - I didn't know who you were when we briefly spoke on saturday 3rd after I had walked on the chalk. If I had made the opening speaches on Friday I'd have known - but we did a detour of more than 20 miles getting there.
I note I am in picture 7. So really this is a thank you for including my work and sorry to have not done so in person.
I enjoyed the exhibition and events very much. Was sorry to miss Drift - and not to be able to return on Sunday 4th. I've a small piece of writing that I shall put on my blog soon...
Flo [AKA Maura H]
Tony Trehy said…
Hi Maura - not to worry. I knew who you were and was pleased you made it. Look forward to seeing your blog. Tony

Popular posts from this blog

Not Curating For The Future

The King's Basement

The Last International Poetry Dog Day