January 30, 2010

Back to Budapest


Just off to Budapest to write. Having just finished a short poem for the forthcoming second issue of the Other Room Anthology, I am hoping to make some progress with the new book Tesseract. I always like to develop major sections of a text in non-English speaking cities. In 'exile', the foreign language space intensifies the phenomenological reliance on your own creative resources and strangely the transparence of language. No doubt this experience is different for people who speak more than one language, but I find it very conducive. Hopefully I'll also see some shows and I have meetings with various people about the next Text Festival and the 5 Places project that I am setting up with Irene Barberis in Melbourne. One of the people I am looking forward to seeing is visual poet Márton Koppány (one of his works pictured).

Gaza, Take This Cup from Me

a Compendious Book on Guernica reruns in a place Urim and Thummim chose to transform every figure A cheap breastplate as random as desul...