Leeds

A couple of weeks back, I took myself off on a writing break to work on Gauge Symmetries [previously mentioned]. I most like doing this in a continental city, there is something liberating for writing being in a city where the language isn't English. Post-wedding finances dictated that I go nearer to home this time so I ended up in Leeds. Thankfully I didnt go to Leeds for the visitor experience and therefore it didnt disappoint as it wasnt very interesting; but a special mention should go to Leeds City Art Gallery. http://www.leeds.gov.uk/artgallery/ which I advise you to visit if you are passing nearby. I can't remember the last time I went in an English gallery that impressed me, so Leeds Art Gallery deserves to be celebrated. The restored Tiled Hall is a fabulous Victorian interior. The curation of the permanent collection is beautifully balanced and even the temporary show, the Northern Art Prize, was worth seeing.
http://www.northernartprize.org.uk/

Karen Guthrie and Nina Pope won the Prize ultimately, and I have to agree it was a brilliant installation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Curating For The Future

The King's Basement

The Last International Poetry Dog Day